About the Destroyer Basketball Goal:
The Destroyer basketball hoop was developed to not only withstand the strongest slam dunks in the world, but also the young basketball stars of tomorrow. With the help of world class engineers, the Destroyer is the true world leader in basketball goal design and performance. The 6" x 8" pole and 3/16" steel thickness makes the Destroyer solid as a rock. The steel reinforced backboard and extra tight tolerances give a solid, true feel while providing added safety for the most aggressive style of play.
The Destroyer basketball goal is designed to be clean, simple, and STRONG. Compared to other units on the market, the look as well as the overall playability, is far superior in the Destroyer design. The upper strut arms provide a superior platform for torque resistance. Other systems use thin steel or no upper struts at all. That type of configuration leaves the backboard full of vibration and movement.
The Destroyer has the ability to adjust from 5.5 feet (the lowest height of any adjustable basketball goal available, perfect for young children!) to 10 feet with unmatched speed and ease (adjustable units only; fixed height systems assemble to standard 10 feet rim height). Ease of adjustment was always a critical component from the beginning of the design phase; we didn't cut any corners on this. To provide a sleek looking appearance, we hid the height adjustment mechanism inside the vertical pole. We selected the highest quality jack available as our adjustment mechanism (12000 lb. capacity jack) with a very low coefficient of friction. In addition, a gas strut unit connects the top of the vertical pole to the horizontal pole. The combination of the jack and strut unit allows young children the ability to easily adjust the hoop's height.
With its 1/2" thick tempered glass backboards, available in 42"x72" size, the full steel reinforced backboard provides a true, solid rebound, with the least amount of vibration or shaking. Another thing to consider when looking at basketball hoops is the thickness of the backboard. The standard for a backboard on a basketball hoop made today is 3/8". That is for glass as well as acrylic. This is very thin, so thin that the performance of the ball bouncing off of the backboard is affected. More mass equals greater rebound. The second factor is strength. Thinner backboards break more often, and with surprising frequency. The minimum acceptable thickness for the glass on a full size 42" x 72" backboards should be 1/2".
The finish on a basketball hoop is the paint or other coating that is applied to give the hoop color and a protective finish. However, there are some differences in how those finished play out. First is preparation. There is a lot of preparation needed to get a basketball hoop ready to paint or zinc powder coat. Our basketball goals are acid washed, a process by which all bare metal is wash with acid and then rinsed off, and then the metal is sand blasted. These two processes ensure that oil and residue that has been deposited on the bare metal during the production process is removed. Why you ask? Well there is a very good reason, adhesion. That is correct, if this process is not followed, the paint or powder coating will not stick to the bare metal. Here is a picture of a basketball hoop that did not go through this process.
All metal parts on our Barbarian basketball goals are zinc powder-coated, and then black powder-coated for a clean, smooth feel and look, while also providing maximum protection against rust and weather-related damage. This is the most rust-resistant basketball goal sold today. We also laser cut our pivot holes, then ream them to precisely fit the bolts...providing a tight, immovable backboard connection. Our goal is built to be the strongest, most aesthetically pleasing, residential basketball hoop on the market.
Our breakaway rims, protective safety pads on backboards and pole (padding is included), lifetime warranty, and simple installation, the Destroyer is the strongest, safest, easiest, cleanest looking basketball system ever made.
Many other in-ground basketball systems in the industry connect the backboard to the vertical pole using four 1" x 2" tubes, whereas our patented technology provides a 5" x 5" single pole connection to the backboard... Which is many times stronger.
The Patent # 7,320,652 Destroyer design also allows for the greatest horizontal load limit on the market. Most basketball goals have a load limit, such as hanging on the rim, of about 200 pounds. The Barbarian can handle over 700 pounds!
- " Massive 6" x 8" main pole with 3"/16" steel thickness (7 gauge).
- Steel reinforced backboard with upper stabilizing arms. The full steel frame is around the entire backside of the backboard and the shooting square providing a superior rebound to any other system.
- 1/2" tempered glass backboard, much thicker than the 3/8" offered by most manufacturers, providing a far better rebound to any other system.
- Through-the-backboard rim mounting eliminates possibility of backboard damage - there is no part of the rim that comes in contact with the backboard
- Super duty breakaway rim features NBA strength
- Removable crank.
- Easy adjustment from 5.5', the lowest in the industry, to 10'.
- Powder-coated steel not paint. We Zinc powder coat before our final black powder coat for extra rust protection.
- The Destroyer basketball goal uses a break away rim with a 5"x5" bolt pattern for NBA strength.
- Full stainless steel frame around the entire backboard, much stronger and longer lasting than aluminum.
- 48" overhang (distance from the pole to the backboard) at 10' and 5.5' (this is the standard distance in high schools, college, and the NBA)
- 5"x5" 3/16" steel extension arm.
- Aircraft grade stainless steel hardware and rivets not zinc-coated like most systems.
- 1/2" mounting base plat attaches to four massive 1" bolts, not 5/8" like most manufacturers. This provides for a much more solid and stable basketball goal. These bolts are set 10" apart, not 9" like most other systems. Again, this provides a much sturdier unit.
- Through-the-backboard mounting for the rim, eliminating the possibility of backboard damage.
- Gas strut height adjustment assist unit for easy raising and lowering of the backboard.
- Limited Lifetime warranty.
- Backboard pad and pole pad included.
- Frame Material - Steel/Stainless Steel
- Pole Diameter - 6W x 8D inches
- Weight - 740 lbs
- Recommended Usage - Churches , Colleges , High Schools , Residential
- Warranty - 1 Year on Padding , Limited Lifetime on Unit
- Pole Height - Adjustable or fixed
- Brand - Barbarian
- Backboard Dimensions - 42L x 72W inches
- Height Adjustment - 5.5-10 Feet
- Backboard Material - Glass
- Backboard Width - 72 inch
- Locality - Outdoor Use
- Net Type - White Nylon
- Backboard Shape - Rectangular
Click here for installation instructions for the Destroyer basketball goal.